Monday, September 14, 2015

Euthanasia?



I believe that as one ages, it is very advantageous to know how to "go into your private room, and there pray to your (loving) Father, and your Father, who knows what you say in your inner room, will reward you." We all have this inner room and the key to using it is to BELIEVE that God indwells, that the Kingdom of God is WITHIN us; and within everybody else. This is how we can relate intimately with God and deal most Christlike with all others. Why believe this? Not because we can see it, hear it, smell it, touch it or taste it; nor imagine it nor conceive it; but we can believe it, because we believe Jesus, who never lies, said so. 

How do we learn this? Perhaps a suggestion might be to read some of the works of Thomas Keating or Thomas Merton on Contemplative Prayer. The habit of praying and living a contemplative life has brought a new and wonderful joy into the lives of monks, elderly, infirm and even in prisoners with life sentences so that the idea of suicide becomes unthinkable

 My favorite time of day is sitting silently on my backporch and BEING with God within me.
I have diabetes, 85% Kidney failure, Cancer operations on my bladder, my colon with a total collectomy, a tumor growing outside my bladder and leg neuropathy requiring a wheelchair, but I am, thank God, grateful and at peace and very busy reading and writing a blog. More people should be given help along the lines in which I have been helped so much. Thank you.
                                                                         Charlie Mc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and may be moderated; standards of civility apply. It will be courteous for commenters to provide a name, even a firstname, with a comment .

Thank you for reading!